|Appearance||Clear light yellow liquid|
|Chlorine content||≤ 100ppm|
|Sodium hydroxide (NaOH)||≤0.5%|
|Packing||In 25KG or 250KG plastic drum or as per customer’s requirement|
|Storage||Store in dry ,clean and avoid direct sun light .|
|Shipping||In room temperature|
|Common Names||Sodium Tolyltriazole (TTA•Na)|
|CAS No.||64665-57-2||Boiling Point (℃)||106|
|Molecular Weight||155.132||Melting Point (℃)||Not available|
|Appearance||Clear yellow liquid||Vapor Specific Gravity||Not available|
|HS Code||2933990099||Flash Point (℃)||170|
|Solubility||55 Vol %||Autoignition Temperature (℃)||500°C|
NaTTA: Corrosion Inhibitor & Water Treatment
Sodium tolyltriazole (abbreviated as NaTTA or NaTT) is a chemical compound that belongs to the class of azole derivatives. It is a corrosion inhibitor commonly used in various industrial applications, particularly in the field of metalworking and water treatment.
Here are some key points about sodium tolyltriazole:
Chemical Formula: C9H7N3Na
Molecular Weight: 201.17 g/mol
– Sodium tolyltriazole appears as a white to off-white crystalline powder.
– It is soluble in water and has a pH around 8-9 in a 1% solution.
– The compound is stable under normal conditions but can decompose at higher temperatures.
1. Corrosion Inhibition: Sodium tolyltriazole is widely used as a corrosion inhibitor for metals, particularly copper and its alloys. It forms a protective layer on the metal surface, preventing corrosion caused by exposure to oxygen, water, and other corrosive agents. This makes it valuable in cooling water systems, heating systems, and other industrial processes involving metal components.
2. Water Treatment: Sodium tolyltriazole is employed in water treatment applications to inhibit corrosion in water systems. It is effective in preventing corrosion in boilers, cooling towers, and closed-loop recirculating systems.
3. Metalworking: The compound is used as an additive in metalworking fluids, such as cutting oils, lubricants, and rust preventatives. It helps protect the metal surfaces during machining, forming a protective film that reduces friction and prevents corrosion.