|Packing||In 25KG bag or fiber drum or as per customer’s requirement|
|Storage||Easy to wet, please put in aeration, dryness place, do not mix it with food and seed.In multiple bag, cardboard drum, all-paper drum, metal drum lined with plastic bag|
|Shipping||In room temperature|
|CAS No.||136-85-6||Boiling Point (℃)||360.6±11.0|
|Molecular Weight||133.151||Melting Point (℃)||78-85|
|Appearance||White to off-white granule or powder||Vapor Specific Gravity||11.3±0.1 g/cm3|
|HS Code||2933990099||Flash Point (℃)||181.5±12.2|
|Solubility||Easily soluble in methanol, acetone, cyclohexane, ether, etc., and insoluble in water and petroleum solvents||Autoignition Temperature (℃)||/|
Tolytriazole: Corrosion Inhibitor
5-Methyl-1H-benzotriazole, also known as Tolytriazole or 5-methylbenzotriazole, is a chemical compound with the molecular formula C7H7N3. It belongs to the class of aromatic heterocyclic compounds called triazoles.
– Molecular Formula: C7H7N3
– Molecular Weight: 133.15 g/mol
– Appearance: White to light yellow crystalline powder
– Melting Point: 79-82°C
– Boiling Point: 238-239°C
5-Methyl-1H-benzotriazole is primarily used as a corrosion inhibitor and metal passivator. It is particularly effective in preventing the corrosion of copper and copper alloys. It forms a protective layer on the metal surface, inhibiting the oxidation process. Therefore, it finds applications in various industries, including:
1. Water Treatment: Tolytriazole is added to cooling water systems, such as in power plants or industrial cooling towers, to prevent corrosion of metal pipes and equipment.
2. Metalworking Fluids: It is used as an additive in metalworking fluids, such as cutting fluids and lubricants, to protect metal surfaces from corrosion during machining and storage.
3. Antifreeze and Engine Coolants: Tolytriazole is sometimes included in automotive antifreeze and engine coolants to prevent the corrosion of metal components in the cooling system.
4. Fuel Additives: It can be used as a corrosion inhibitor in fuels, especially those containing ethanol or biodiesel, to protect the fuel system and metal components.
5. Paints and Coatings: Tolytriazole is used as an additive in paints, coatings, and varnishes to provide corrosion protection to metal substrates.